Take time Tuesday...Friends

Tuesday, July 9, 2013


Today I want to acknowledge a group of women who hold a very special place in my heart.  As you know I am relocating to Maryland this week after living in Georgia for 7 years.  When my family of three moved to Georgia we didn't know anyone and only had each other.  Over the years my family grew to five and God bought 6 women into my life (Robyn, Marjorie, Bernadette, Tameka, Felicia and LaRhonda) who each hold a very special place in my heart.  Yesterday, these beautiful women came to my home and bid me farewell, best wishes and safe travels to my new home.  We sat around, ate good food and had even better conversation.  Unfortunately, we don't get together often but when we do we always have a good time.



If you are reading this post now I encourage you to take the time out of your busy schedule to nurture and appreciate the relationships you have.  As a woman it is very important to spend time with girlfriends so that you remember you are not only a mother and wife but you are also an individual, a friend, a daughter and above all a woman, one of God's greatest creations.

I found this poem on the internet.  I am not sure who wrote it but I thought it was beautiful.

People come into our life disguised as angels, and sometimes angels come into our life disguised as people. It is possible to see God anywhere. All it takes are open eyes and ears and the willingness to see miracles. They are everywhere. God is as available as we are. Having friends that inspire us to rise to higher and greater levels is an awesome gift. Surround yourself with people that inspire you to do better and inspire your friends as well. It is a profound truth that the people we spend time with shape the path that we travel.

Source: Inspirational Friendship Poems





















What did you take time out to do today?


Welcome to my world!


0 comments:

Post a Comment