Mrs. Little Devils Food Layer Cake......worth trying

Saturday, July 6, 2013

I have such a sweet tooth and since my husband is out of town for now I decided to satisfy that tooth.  I have a great recipe for Devil's food cake that I would like to share with you.  I got this recipe from a lady in the church I grew up in.....Bethel Baptist Church in Brooklyn, NY.  At my church if you heard that they were selling Mrs. Little Chocolate cake everyone went running and I am sure they still do.  The recipe is very simple but VERY VERY SATISFYING.






1 Package of Duncan Hines Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 Package Chocolate Instant Pudding (any brand) - I used Jello Pudding
4 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Cups of water or 1 Cup of Milk &1/2 Cup of Water
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil

Add
1/4 Cups of Sugar
1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Hershey Cocoa or Nestle NesQuik Chocolate MIx


Combine Cake Mix, Pudding Mix, Eggs, Milk, Water, Oil, Sugar, Flour, Cocoa/NesQuik in a large mixing bowl.  Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.

Pour cake batter into 3 9 inch floured baking pans.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean...
Frost with Betty Crocker's Chocolate Frosting (1 1/2 to 2 cans)

I never said I was a cake decorator....but it tastes delicious
Try it out and let me know what you think.  In the meantime, let me know what you eat when you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.





0 comments:

Post a Comment