Take time Tuesday.....No more hurrying

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

As my alarm goes off at 5:15am I am up and running trying to accomplish all that I have listed on my list today.  I get up early to try and get a few hours n before the kids wake up and "run it all."  I wash the dishes, prepare my husbands breakfast, prepare the kids lunch ( should've been done last night but I was up until midnight working on our family finances), line up their clothing, check all school papers.....and the list goes on.  2013 is the year of the task accomplisher and with that comes time schedules and deadlines.  When I read and article on the Huffington post the other day I immediately identified with the author.  I realized that I too say hurry up more often than "I love you"or "take your time".  I realized after reading the article entitled  "The Day I stopped saying 'Hurry Up'" that I too needed to stop hurrying life along.  In this article, the author realized that by trying to keep to a schedule she was constantly hurrying her children through life and not allowing them to literally and physically smell the roses.  On a daily basis we watch the clock with anticipation of it turning 8pm...bedtime, 9am time for school but we rarely look the clock with thoughts of spending more precious time with our little loved ones.  So, today and every other day I will take the time out to consciously not say hurry up and to ensure my children are able to take in and enjoy every moment of their childhood life........with camera always in tote...LOL







Disclaimer:  I was not an english major......Enjoy!!!!

What will you take time out and do today?  Will you make the time to stop and smell the roses with a loved one?  I know I will!!!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment