Back to school weekend

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer is almost over, our late bedtime routine and extra television (kindle, Xbox 360 and playstation) time,  must come to an end.  There are two points of views on this situation:

The kiddios are thinking:




The Mothers/Parents are thinking:



Either way you look at it you must be organized and prepared to have a successful first day as well as a great school year.


My first post about preparing the kids for school was a little more detailed as there was more time to get things done.  If everything has not been accomplished (like me) make sure you still have time to get the most important things accomplished.....

1  Bedtime routine:  Kids need a minimum of 10 hours each night (adolescents at least 9 hours).  Make sure you get them to bed at reasonable time tonight and tomorrow.  Don't forget.....read them a few books, talk them about their day and give them a big kiss and hug goodnight.  Here is a great article about establishing a bedtime routine prior to the start of school.





2.  School supplies:  If you have not already purchased your child's school supplies most schools have them listed on the internet and Walmart is open 24 hours.  Make sure you make a Walmart run Monday morning.


3.  Plan your meals for the week:  Try to stock your house with all the ingredients needed for the weeks meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack).  Stock up on food essentials at Walmart when you make your school supply run.  You can get some great ideas for home and school menus over at organizing home life blog.

Great school lunch ideas:


.....and make sure you put a little love note in their lunch box to chill the first day jitter and let them know how much you love them over at the country chic cottage




Great menu planning for home:
Take a look at i heart organizing blog for some great ideas on planning your meals for upcoming meals.




4.  Printout out first day questionnaire and sign for pictures.
I found a lovely questionnaire over at positively splendid


and some great signs and other ideas over at mama to go






5.  If you have time get the teacher a gift for the first day of school.  There are some great ideas over at
i heart naptime



If there are still more things you think will make your school days and night flow better make note of them and try to accomplish them over the next few weeks.  In the meantime create temporary/similar situations with your ideal set up in mind.  Being that I just moved in a little over a month ago I am in this category as I am not only preparing my kids for the first day of school but I am in the midst of repainting and decorating the house we just purchased so that it will feel more like our home.

1.  Temporary command/drop station station.

I always wanted a mudroom but unfortunately I didn't snag one with this home.  Therefore I am going to create a command station near my eat-in kitchen as well as a mini mudroom in a closet.
Here is my temporary drop station:



My inspiration:








2.  Semi organized pantry and refrigerator for lunch and snacks

Here is what I am working with/my temporary situation:







My inspiration from.  Check out blooming homestead for some great ideas.





I hope this post was of some help to you.  What have you done to get yourself and kids ready for the first day of school



0 comments:

Post a Comment