Take time Tuesday......to lay with your child

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Life is so hectic now that we look forward to the end of the day and/or the end of the week.  A lot of times we rush some of the most important moments a long because we just want to finally get a few minutes to ourselves.  As a mother of three I find myself rushing bedtime because I am exhausted from my daily task of caring for MY children.  Although, I enjoy this task it is very tiring as it does not allow me a moment to myself.



Tonight I took the time to lay in the bed with my daughter and just talk.  I am sure this is not the first time you heard that you're kids open up when take the time and do this but I can truly say it works.  Tonight when I got under the covers with my 5 year old I found out that a little girl, lets call her Girly...

  • said she didn't like her and it hurt her feelings
  • pushed her and it made her sad
  • pushed my youngest daughter
  • misses her best friend in Georgia
  • loves her pillow pet because of the Unicorn
  • meeting new people makes her nervous and shy


Although, I knew a lot of this already it was nice to have a one on one conversation with my daughter and to see her light up because she is able to have Mommy all to herself.  This is something you should start early so that when your child gets older they feel comfortable talking to you about any and everything.  I found some nice pillow talk question you can ask your child while lying in bed on imom.com to help them open up.

You should seize every moment you have to talk with you child.  About.com list a few other great opportunities to strike up a conversation with your child

0 comments:

Post a Comment