A small successful project

Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Monday!  Sorry for my absence but the  move, new house, new school and everything that goes  with it got the best of me.  We've been updating our house and I will show you the results one space at a time (when they are picture ready).  For now (drum roll please), I will share my mini drop space I created for the kids.

Currently, I don't have the space for my dream multi-functional space........I would call it..."THE MOM CAVE."  It's a mudroom, laundry room, craft room, kid's homework/craft space.....It's what "we" Mom's do!!!!

The layout of the above room is perfect.  But of course to make it mine I would change:


1.  The color.  Pink, and/or Fuchsia screams "I am Mom hear me roar"


2.  Add a little more personalization





Unfortunately, my space is limited but not my creativity and drive for a more organized space.  I decided to create a space that would help decrease the clutter that piles up in the kitchen and on the floor when the kids come home from school.





Not the multi-functioanl mudroom I always dreamed of but.....when served lemons, make lemonade.  This closet make over has solved all of my problems by creating an area where the kids can drop all of their school stuff......
"There's a place for everything and everything has it's place"

This closet make over cost $42.21
Materials used:
2x4x8 White true bead panel  $19.97 (cut to size at Home Depot)
4 oz liquid nails  $2.78
4 oz white caulk $3.74
3 robe hooks  $9.84
5X8  x 2-1/4 MDF casing @.84/foot  $5.88
Leftover paint from previous projects
Nail gun (I borrowed)
Letters from Joann's leftover from previous projects

Other items purchased that can be used in other projects:
12" Mitre Box/Saw $7.97

I hope this post inspires you to get organizing no matter how BIG or small the project is.  
What small project are you working on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment