Take time Tuesday......

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

to keep up your BLOG Erika (note to myself).  My apologies to the few followers I have and to myself!


On another note.  This week is "American Education Week" which I almost forgot about until my neighbor haphazardly reminded me by missing our Monday Aerobox class at the gym.

At my kids school (and many other schools) they invited all parents/caregivers to spend the day in school to see first hand what a day is like for their children.  I am so glad that I took the time out of my busy schedule (dropped the mop, skipped the gym and left the dishes) to participate.  My children were ecstatic and didn't want me to leave.  As I sat in class today with my children I developed a newfound respect, admiration and AWE for educators.  Both of my children's teachers had great classroom management, an organized curriculum, engaged children, and the list goes on.


All of this to say.....Take time to (just to name a few):
1.  have an active role in your child's education.
2.  partner with your child's teacher to make sure your child is being challenged and meeting all of their grade level requirements
3.  do not wait to report cards and/or parent/teacher conference to get a status on your child's education.


0 comments:

Post a Comment