Take time Tuesday...the dinner table

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Today's post is simple and to the point......

Life has become so busy that families no longer sit down to have dinner together unless it's Thanksgiving or Christmas.  The dinner table is a great place for the family to reconnect and talk about the happenings of the day.



My family is not free from guilt.  Daddy loves to eat in front of the television, kids sit at the table and eat and Mommy is running around trying to keep it clean and make sure everyone has what they need.





Tonight, I took the time out to sit down and eat with the kids and it was awesome.  Sidney counted to 100 by 5's an 10's.  Randy recited his multiplication tables and Brooke tried singing her ABC's.  In addition, I heard more about what has been happening in school and so much more.  Although, I had already heard all they were talking about millions of time it was great to sit and give them (and my food) my undivided attention.

Although, tonight is not the first night we sat down and ate as a family, I would love for it to happen more often.



How often do you sit down to the dinner table with your family and/or someone special in your life?

2 comments:

Unknown October 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM  

I love this post! At this stage we are able to have family dinners every night. Sometimes it is only with one parent because of work. At the beginning of the school yr we started a new dinner tradition that I call family share. The kids bring all their daily school work to the table and share it with the family. We also have our family meeting at dinner.

Kala's World November 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM  

Thank you Cleonie. I am glad you enjoyed the post. Lovely idea to have a family share and meeting at dinner. It ensures all important issues, discussions and praise are not swept under the rug. You are my inspiration!!!. Keep it up girl!!!!

Post a Comment