Hello 2014

Wednesday, January 1, 2014


The holidays are now officially over and the new year has begun.  No more excuses for over eating or over spending it's time to get it back under control.  I am sure everyone has made their resolutions for 2014 and so have I (although mines are a ongoing process) I won't go into detail but I will share how I organized them (I kept them simple).
FYI:  These resolution (directly/indirectly) apply to the entire Taylor clan.

1.  Health Resolution - eat better, exercise more
I am going to take a 30 day fitness challenge I recently saw on the internet.  Take a look at it and try it out.

2.  Spiritual resolution - pray every morning and night and find a church home....

3.  Family resolution - carve out time where the family spends quality time together.

4.  Marriage resolution - carve out date night at least once a month.  It can be an at home date or a night on the town but it has to be something special/different.

5.  Financial Resolution - be a better stewart of my family's money.  Save more, spend wisely, and organize the finances.  Develop a 5 year financial plan to get out of debt and gain financial freedom.
***Here is a financial challenge I found that I am going to try and do for my three children and myself.


Take a look at the original post  52 week money challenge

6.  Organizational resolution - organize my daily life by tracking my time, organizing my home, organizing my kids etc.

7.  Project resolution - make a list of all projects I would like to accomplish (not only for 2014) and prioritize them by wants, needs and financial capability.

8.  Me resolution - I saved the best and most important resolution for last.  Without me there isn't a Taylor family.  Although my husband is the head of the family I am the...
backbone of the body...
glue that keeps the family together....
oil that keeps the wheels turning....
I don't mean to toot my own horn but "it is what it is"....
I said all of this just to say I need to take better care of myself......I need me time (most of my time is taking care of everyone else), I need down time, I need personal time so that I can rejuvenate and take better care of my LOVELY family.  I also need time to pursue some of my many passions in life (I need to tap into my creative side and dream of having my own business).

Being that the kids have been out of school I didn't have the time to get everything together (purchase food etc).  Therefore  Day 1 for me will be January 7, 2013.

Side note:  Don't be too hard on yourself...Always allow space for wiggle room and allow time for you to adapt to the changes you want to happen in your life.  Make the experience a fun learning process.

What resolutions have you made and how do you plan to stick to them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment