Day # 1 Shopping Challenge - My Weekend

Monday, May 12, 2014

First of all......




I hope everyone enjoyed their Mothers Day as much as I did.  




Over the weekend I did a little preparing for the upcoming weeks.

1.  Weekly Budget:  When I shop I am either in the grocery store/Wal-mart or purchasing things for the house (Marshalls, Homegoods, Hobby Lobby).  After reviewing my monthly food and household spending over the last few months I saw what I already knew.  I was OVERspending.  My goal is to try spend half of what I am already spending on  a monthly basis.

Monthly food and household items budget = $750.  I plan on splitting this into weekly amounts of $188.  I think with some meal planning and possibly couponing this can definitely be done.

2.  Plan my time:  This is hard for me being that I always have something to do for SOMEONE ELSE. which results in me driving all over picking up STUFF and having to eat out.   The only thing I usually have planned for myself are my gym workouts Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:35 to 11:35 am.  This is has to change!
Monday - Gym, Laundry, Work on blog
Tuesday - Housework, Playdate for my 2 year old, work on blog
Wednesday - Gym, Laundry, Crafting, Meal Prep for next week (Sun - Friday), Budget Planning, work on blog
Thursday - Food Shopping, Housework, Ballet for Sidney, work on blog
Friday - Gym, Laundry, Household management, Drum lesson for Randy
Saturday - Day off.  Fun time with kids
Sunday - Church, Family time, work on blog

**Of course this is an abbreviated version but I think you get the POINT!

3.  Stock up:  Over the weekend I spent $132.69 purchasing necessary items for the week.  This made me sit down and plan my family meals as well, meals on the go for myself and toiletries for the entire family (pampers, razors, soap etc.).  I am glad to say that I came in under budget by $55.31 which has to last me until I go shopping again next Thursday.

So how was your weekend of planning??  What did you get accomplished?

0 comments:

Post a Comment